Effective August 15, 2012, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) began accepting applications for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. Certain individuals, who meet specific guidelines, can request deferred action from USCIS and may be eligible for work authorization.
The criteria for consideration for deferred action include:
- Was under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012
- Came to the United States before reaching 16th birthday;
- Has continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
- Was physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS
- Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or lawful immigration status expired as June 15, 2012
- Is currently in school, has graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, has obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or is an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States
- Has not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
Based on the criteria listed above, LBUSD students born after June 15, 1981 may be eligible for consideration for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. Additionally, applicants must be at least 15 years of age or older at the time of filing.
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will accept the following documentation for the above criteria:
- School records (transcripts, report cards, etc.) from the school currently attending or attended, showing the name(s) of the school(s) and periods of school attendance and the current educational or grade level.
- U.S. high school diploma or certificate of completion;
- Any other relevant document.
The District can provide an Enrollment History Report to students applying for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. The Enrollment History Report provides the following information that could be used in support of the criteria required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Student Name
- Date of Birth
- Schools and Years of Attendance
- Grade Level
If you need proof of graduation please request high school transcripts. Effective August 1, 2014 High school transcripts are $12.00 each. Fees are payable by money order only. Make money orders payable to LBUSD. See the link below for “Obtain a Transcript”.
For questions or verification of GED completion, please call the GED Office at (562) 595-8893.
Current LBUSD students please request Enrollment History Reports from school of attendance.
To request an Enrollment History Report complete a Deferred Action Enrollment History Request Form. To obtain the form enter your date of birth in the fields below. There is no fee for Enrollment History Reports.
Include a copy of valid photo identification. The only forms of acceptable identification by the Long Beach Unified School District, Records Management Office are; any state Department of Motor vehicles Identification Card, Driver’s License, Consular I.D. or Passport.
If you do not have a valid state issued ID, send a copy of any of your Long Beach Unified School District Student I.D. with a copy of your birth certificate.
Long Beach Unified School District
Records Management Office
2201 E. Market Street
Long Beach, CA 90805
Attn: Deferred Action Request
Please, allow 10 business days to process High School Transcripts from the date your request is received by the Records Management Office. Elementary Transcripts and Immunization Records processing time is 6-8 weeks. In addition, please allow 5-7 days for U.S. Postal delivery. Requests are processed on a first-come first-served basis. Our office does not verify receipt of request. No exceptions.
Former students enter your date of birth (MM/DD/YY) to obtain and print a Deferred Action Request Form then click on Download Form.
If your date of birth does not qualify for the Deferred Action Program, you will not be able to continue.
Current Students must request Enrollment History Report from school of attendance.
Obtain a Transcript
Si requiere asistencia en español para completar este proceso, favor de llamar al (562) 997-8031