Topics on this page:
Nutrition Services Web Page Quick Links:
Competitive Food and Beverage Guidelines
LBUSD is required to follow federal and state guidelines for any food or beverage item sold on a school campus from midnight through 30 minutes after school.
If you are interested in selling food or beverage items at your school or have any questions, please contact the Nutrition Services Branch at (562) 427-7923.
Local Wellness Policy
The Wellness Policy is updated and monitored by the District Health Advisory Council. If you would like to participate in our next meeting, please email Elizabeth Batalao, Administrative Dietitian.
The Nutrition Services Branch provides catering services for District offices only.
Field Trip lunches may be ordered through Nutrition Services.
- Send this form to every household to offer a field trip lunch to all participating students. Use the request/decline indicated on the FS-253 to arrive at an accurate number of field lunches needed, prior to placing an order for Field Trip lunches.
- Request Field Trip Lunches through your cafeteria supervisor using this form, which also contains instructions on how to place orders and complete required paperwork. Production Center will not accept any field trip lunch requested without a signed BD-919 that contains an account number to bill for wasted meals.
- Field Trip menus and nutritional content are available on Nutrition Services' Web page at: Field Trip Information
Harvest of the Month (HOTM)
Harvest of the Month is a Nutrition Literacy Program for students enrolled in grades K-5 which is funded by Network for a Healthy California. Schools qualify to participate when 50% or more of the enrolled students qualify for free and reduced-price meals. The goal of the HOTM is to increase enjoyment and consumption of fruits and vegetables. Each month, the students explore a different fruit or vegetable by using their various senses. They are able to see, touch, smell and taste a produce item. Eating fruits and vegetables promotes health for a lifetime and has been shown to help decrease the risk of chronic diseases.
- Harvest of the Month web site offers monthly updates and resources.
- Harvest of the Month Schedule
- California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom - Increasing Awareness and Understanding of Agriculture Among California's Educators and Students”
- Harvest of the Month Newsletters
Food Safety Reference Guide for Administrators
Nutrition Center Tours
We encourage schools to make requests to visit our Nutrition Center and tour our facility. The tours have been rewarding experiences for our staff, as well as the students who have toured our facility. Approximately one (1) hour should be allowed for the tour, which includes the opportunity for questions and answers and refreshments.
Complete the Nutrition Center Tour Request form and mail it to the Nutrition Center, or fax it to (562) 997-2864.